Do you crave strong holiday flavours? – Try these Vegan Mini Molasses Bundt Cakes.
This cake is sweetened just with molasses and no additional sugar is added, as a result delicious strong molasses flavour with a hint of cinnamon and roasted almonds. The perfect treat on a snowy afternoon.
- 200 g fancy molasses
- 50 g vegan butter
- 250 g all purpose flour
- 8 g baking powder
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 90 g ground almonds (roasted)
- 125 ml soy milk
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C)
- While the oven is preheating, place the ground almonds on a parchment paper lined baking tray and place in the oven until roasted (colour changes to a light brown). Once you can smell the almonds take them out of the oven, you don't want to burn them.
- Prepare the mini bundt cakes by greasing the inside with vegan butter and dust with flour.
- Mix the apple cider vinegar with the soy milk - you want to make your own vegan buttermilk.
- Start melting the butter and the molasses in a medium sauce pan over low heat.
- Take off the heat and cool down. Once cooled, add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, almonds and the buttermilk directly into the sauce pan and mix well.
- Divide the sticky batter into the small bundt cakes and bake for about 20 - 30 mins.
- Take them out of the oven and cool down for a few minutes before turning the mini bundt cakes out of the cake tins.
- Dust with icing sugar and enjoy.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I HOPE YOU LOVE IT.
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #littleswissbaker.