Happy New Year ! After all the delicious sweet treats during Christmas time, I will focus on bread this month. Starting with this delicious Olive and Tomato Focaccia Bread. Focaccia is a flat oven baked Italian bread. Usually served as an appetizer, snack or great for soup-dipping.
Like a homemade pizza, you can top your focaccia with all your favourite toppings. I love the mix of salty olives with sweet and juicy cherry tomatoes and of course a lot of fresh rosemary.
- 250 g "00" flour or all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 180ml luke warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- olive oil
- cherry tomatoes
- mixed olives
- fresh herbs (such as rosemary, basil etc)
- course sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine the warm water, yeast and sugar. Stir a few times then let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add all flour, salt and olive oil. Stir until a dough comes together.
- Once the dough comes together, transfer to a floured surface and knead the dough until smooth, usually it takes about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large oiled bowl, cover with a warm, damp towel and let rise for 1 to 1.5 hours.
- Transfer the dough onto the baking sheet (well floured or lined with parchment paper) then gently stretch and press it down into the baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 355F (180C).
- Let the dough (covered) rise again for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Use your fingers to dimple the dough then drizzle with olive oil.
- Add all your toppings, slightly press them into the dough. Sprinkle with course sea salt and then bake until golden brown, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Cool baked focaccia bread on a wire rack.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I HOPE YOU LOVE IT.
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #littleswissbaker.