Cranberry Walnut Cantuccini – fall in love with these little crispy almond cookies.
These cantuccini are packed with dried cranberries and walnuts and then twice baked before dipped in delicious white chocolate.
It is a very soft dough, try not to add to much extra flour. Instead just form the dough with your hands on a well floured surface into one or two logs and then transfer them onto a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- 200g sugar
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 300g flour
- 50g ground almonds
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 80g walnuts
- 80g dried cranberries
- Optional: melted white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 395F (200C)
- Beat eggs, sugar, salt and almond extract with a handmixer until thick and pale.
- Mix the flour with the ground almonds and baking powder before adding to the egg mixture - mix into a soft dough.
- Knead in the walnuts and dried cranberries.
- Transfer dough onto a well floured surface and form one or two logs - place them on parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 395F (200C).
- Take out logs and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 355F (180C)
- Place a log on a cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into 2 cm thick sclices. Place cut side down back on the baking sheet. Bake the cantuccini until the are golden (about 8 minutes). Repeat with the other log.
- Turn off oven and let the cantuccini dry in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take them out and let completely cool on a wire rack before dipping into melted white chocolate.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I HOPE YOU LOVE IT.
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #littleswissbaker.