These fluffy vegan molasses pancakes are made with molasses and flavoured with warm spices, a perfect cozy and delicious breakfast for a fall Sunday morning. They taste like gingerbread and are very easy to make and you will probably have all the ingredients already in your pantry.
Depending on how thick you like your pancake batter, play around with the amount of soy milk. I usually use up to 1 cup of milk. I used cinnamon and pumpkin spice mix for this recipe, but you can make and use your own spice mix.
- 150g all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 tablespoons fancy molasses
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and the spices.
- Mix the soy milk with the molasses and canola oil.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the wet ingredients, mix until combined (don't overmix the batter).
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1½ tablespoons of batter for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot with some maple syrup.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I HOPE YOU LOVE IT.
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #littleswissbaker.