Today I have a very simple, yet extremely delicious vegan chocolate dessert for you – Vegan Chocolate Pudding with Poached Pears. Pear and chocolate are a classic match for this little treat for two.
This is a creamy, sweet and delicious vegan chocolate pudding and all you need are a few basic ingredients. The pudding is not to rich or sweet, therefore makes it a perfect pairing with the sweet poached pears.
You can adjust the amount of corn starch, sugar, and butter to your liking. If you like a thicker pudding, use up to 3 tablespoons of corn starch. For a richer pudding, use more vegan butter.
- 500 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2½ tablespoons corn starch
- 80g vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vegan butter
- For the poached pears
- 1 large pear
- 1 teaspoon lime or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
- In a medium sauce pan, mix 400 ml of the almond milk and the brown sugar.
- On low heat warm up the milk until the sugar is dissolved.
- In a medium bowl, mix the remaining milk with the corn starch using a whisk.
- Add the mixture to the warm milk and bring the mixture to a boil on medium heat, constantly whisking.
- The milk will start to thicken up and turn into a creamy consistency. Take the pan of the heat and whisk in the chocolate chips, the vegan butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour the pudding into a bowl and cover with cling-film to prevent a skin from forming .
- Refrigerate after cool down to room temperature for 2 hours.
- Whisk the pudding before serving to create a nice and smooth texture.
- Peel the pear, cut in halve and remove the core with a sharp knife.
- Bring the water, lemon juice and sugar to a boil.
- Place the pear halves in the pot and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat and cool down the pear in the pan with the syrup.