The title says it all, this is an incredible easy basic granola recipe which you can make at home. For a fraction of the cost, you will end up with your own favourite granola. This is a basic 7 ingredients recipe, add more nuts, dried fruits and even more spices. I got my inspiration from all the different recipes you can find online.
Here my easy basic granola recipe:
- 250g large rolled oats
- 70g brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 100g walnuts
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 60g coconut oil, melted
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C)
- Place oats, brown sugar, salt, walnuts and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix well. Set aside
- Melt the coconut oil in a small sauce pan, add the vanilla and mix well, before adding the warm coconut oil to the oat mixture and mix until oats are thoroughly coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper). Bake for 15 minutes, then stir the oats and continue baking for another 15 minutes or until granola is golden brown.
- Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and cool granola to room temperature.
- Store the granola in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- Serve with milk or your favourite yoghurt.
If you rather want granola clusters, reduce the amount of brown sugar and add maple syrup or honey (if you are not looking for a vegan version). Do not omit the salt, it enhances the overall delicious flavour and makes it seems sweeter.