Enjoy a slice of this sweet and moist vegan marbled Banana Bread. This treat is the delicious combination of banana bread and chocolate marble cake.
Compared to my another Banana Bread recipe, the texture here is closer to a cake and perfect for dessert.
- 250g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 60g sugar
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 125 ml canola oil
- 130 g vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 150g soy yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons soy milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a big bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl mash the bananas, leaving some small chunky bits.
- Melt you chocolate chips, using a double boiler and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix oil, yoghurt, and apple cider vinegar - the mix will curdle, which is ok.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine until just mixed.
- Divide the batter into two equal batches. Add the mashed bananas to one halves and the melted chocolate to the other batch.
- Using a large spoon, place 3 large spoonfuls of banana mixture into a well greased pan, then 3 spoonfuls of chocolate batter. Repeat with the second layer, alternating the banana and chocolate batter.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon or a knife, swirl the batter to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes. Turn out onto rack, let cool completely.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I HOPE YOU LOVE IT.
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #littleswissbaker.