These Vegan Meringue Ghosts are super cute and delicious, make them for your next halloween party. Stop pouring your chickpea liquid down the drain and make easy treats with it.
The recipe is so simple, add 2 parts of sugar to 1 part of aquafaba, add some cream of tartar which makes the peaks firmer and then add your favourite extract. I love almond flavoured vegan meringue.
Once cooled, melt some vegan chocolate and let’s create same scary ghosts.
- liquid from 1 can of chickpeas (aquafaba)
- caster sugar (ratio of 2 part sugar to 1 part aquafaba)
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (or vanilla)
- Preheat the oven to 200F (100C). Line baking trays with parchment paper.
- Put the aquafaba, cream of tartar and almond extract in the bowl of your stand mixer or use a hand mixer.
- Start whisking on low speed, increasing to maximum once the meringue starts to double in volume. Continue whisking until it forms soft peaks.
- Add the sugar, a tablespoon at a time, while continuing to whisk at high speed.
- Once all the sugar has been added, continue to whisk until the meringue is glossy and forms firm peaks. This can take up to ten minutes - the sugar has be completely incorporated, you shouldn't see any sugar grains anymore.
- Spoon the meringue into a large piping bag fitted with a plain round tip.
- Pipe ghost shapes on the trays.
- Bake for 1¼ hours without opening the oven door. The meringues are baked when dry and lift easily off the paper. Turn the oven off, leave the door partly open and let the meringues cool completely.
- Melt some vegan chocolate and decorate your ghosts.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I HOPE YOU LOVE IT.
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #littleswissbaker.