Creamy, rich and so delicious, Vanilla Pudding is comfort food for me. Served together with homemade Ladyfingers and you have the perfect dessert.
Creamy, rich and so delicious, Vanilla Pudding is the perfect comfort food.
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 2 - 4
- 500 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 eggs (1 full egg, 1 egg york)
- 100 ml heavy cream (optional)
- In a small saucepan heat 300 ml milk with vanilla paste until warm
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, corn starch and eggs until smooth, add the rest of the milk (200ml) and mix until well combined.
- Whisk half of the hot milk into the egg mixture until smooth, then gradually whisk the egg-milk mixture into the saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture boils.
- Continue to cook, whisking constantly, until it has thickened to a pudding like consistency. Pour into a bowl and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the pudding and refrigerate until completely cooled and thickened, about 2 hours.
- Before serving, whisk the pudding until smooth and creamy.
- Optional: Whisk the heavy cream until you have whipped cream, fold half of the whipped cream into vanilla pudding, use the rest for decorations.
- Serve with grated chocolate and ladyfingers.