Zesty and aromatic mini vegan lemon bundt cakes, the perfect treat for winter blues.
These mini lemon bundt cakes are bursting with lemon flavour, the cake is made with fresh lemon juice and zest and after baking the mini cakes are soaked with a tangy, zesty lemon syrup resulting in a super moist and delicious cake.
The cake also tastes amazing using a combination of lemons and limes, by using the juice and zest from half a lemon and juice and zest from one lime.
- 140g all purpose flour
- 75g sugar
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ salt
- 130ml soy milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 50ml canola oil
- For the Syrup:
- 30ml fresh lemon juicie
- 30ml water
- 50g sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Add all wet ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the sugar with the lemon zest using your fingers, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Use the batter to fill up the greased mini pans (about ¾ full). Recipe yields for 2 4-inch mini bundt cake pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- In the meantime prepare the lemon syrup by bringing all the ingredients to a boil, once all the sugar is dissolved set aside.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let it cool briefly in the tin. While the cakes are still warm, make lots of small holes all over the top of the cakes using a skewer. Slowly spoon over the lemon syrup and let it soak in for about 5 minutes before turning the mini cakes out of the pans.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I HOPE YOU LOVE IT.
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #littleswissbaker.