Lemon Raspberry Tofu Cream is a quick and easy recipe for a healthy, delicious dessert. The base is a lemon silken tofu cream served with a fresh and tangy raspberry sauce. All you need are a few ingredients.
Silken tofu is not drained or pressed, so all of the liquid remains in the tofu as it forms, making it very smooth and light. It has a delicate, silky texture like fine custard, perfect for this creamy recipe.
- 340 g (1 package) extra firm silken tofu - drained
- juice of one lemon
- grated lemon zest from ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 170 g fresh raspberries
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the tofu, lemon juice and lemon zest with the maple syrup.
- Blend ingredients with a hand blender until smooth - set aside
- Blend most of the raspberries with the sugar and vanilla extract
- Place pureed berries in a fine sieve over a bowl and push berries through with a spoon. Discard the seeds
- Serve the lemon cream with the raspberry sauce in serving glasses, garnish with the rest of the fresh raspberries.
- Serve the cream immediately or I recommend to refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Fold the raspberry sauce under the lemon cream for a less tangy lemon flavour.
- Replace maple syrup with honey for a non vegan version.
- I found the silken tofu in a tetra pak in the baking aisle of my supermarket. You cannot use regular tofu for this recipe.