A very simple recipe for a delicious homemade Raspberry Chia Jam. This jam is sweetened with maple syrup and is using the chia seeds as a thickening agent. This Raspberry Chia Jam is tangy, yet sweet enough and much healthier than store-bought jams.
I like using this kind of jam whenever I need jam as a layer in cakes or cookies, for example my vegan chocolate fudge cake, the tanginess goes well with the sweet cake and frosting.
- 170g fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a small pot and boil over medium heat, stirring frequently, for a few minutes until raspberries have broken down and mixture slightly thickens.
- Sweeten to taste with a little more maple syrup if needed. Store in clean jar in the fridge.
- The jam will even set a little bit more in the fridge.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I HOPE YOU LOVE IT.
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #littleswissbaker.