These fragrant Vegan Raspberry Muffins are a wonderful treat for two. A tasty, fluffy muffin packed with fresh raspberries and with a hint of orange and vanilla.
As much as I love cupcakes, sometimes I prefer the less sweeter and cake-like texture of a moist muffin. The secret of keeping these Vegan Raspberry Muffins so moist and soft is the coconut yoghurt (or any other non-dairy yoghurts) in my recipe.
I like to rub the orange zest with the sugar to release all the oils for an intense orange flavour, which complements the tangy raspberries. I like to bake my muffins in ramekins, I think this is the perfect size for a muffin and you have enough room to pack as many raspberries as possible.
- 80g all purpose flour
- 40g granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Zest of ½ orange
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 55g unsweetened coconut or soy yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened soy milk
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50g fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 380F (190C).
- Butter or oil two ramekins and dust them slightly with flour.
- In a medium bowl, mix sugar and orange zest until well combined and all the oils are released. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the yoghurt with the oil, soy milk, vinegar and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mix and just mix until combined. Gently fold in the fresh raspberries.
- Divide the batter evenly into the two prepared ramekins. Top the batter with more fresh raspberries if you like and bake for 20 - 25 mins until golden brown and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then remove from ramekins and serve warm or at room temperature.
Did you make this recipe? I hope you love it.
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #littleswissbaker.