With this delicious recipe for my Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies, I start the Christmas season on Little Swiss Baker. These cookies are soft, gooey and full of ginger and molasses flavour. I am using fresh ginger for that extra heat kick, but you could also use ground ginger.
Simply cream the vegan butter with the sugar (no mixer required), add flax egg, ginger and molasses before adding all the dry ingredients and let the dough rest for at least one hour in the fridge.
- 140g vegan butter
- 200g granulated sugar
- 1 flax egg
- ¼ cup fancy molasses
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- dash of salt (more if your vegan butter is unsalted)
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing 1 tablespoon of flax mea with 3 tablespoons of cold water. Rest for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Cream the soft vegan butter and the sugar until well mixed (you can use a hand mixer or I used a folk and a wooden spoon later.
- Add the molasses, freshly grated ginger and flax egg and mix until well combined.
- In another bowl, mix all dry ingredients and then add the flour mix in batches to the wet ingredients until all the flour is incorporated.
- Cover the bowl with foil and let the dough rest for one hour in the fridge.
- After the dough was chilled, preheat the oven to 350 F
- The recipe yields for either 12 giant or 16 regular size cookies.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and shape into 12 or 16 balls with your hands, rolling each ball in the granulated sugar before placing it on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Leaving enough space between the cookies. You will likely need to bake 2 sheets of cookies.
- Bake each sheet of cookies for about 10 minutes (regular size) or about 12 minutes (giant size) until brown. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I HOPE YOU LOVE IT.
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #littleswissbaker.