Tart, flavourful cranberries and oranges go together perfectly in my Vegan Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake.
Cranberry-Orange is a classic pairing during the holiday / winter season. You need just a few basic ingredients to make this delicious vegan cake. I love the tartness of cranberries in this cake, you may use fresh or frozen.
Rubbing the sugar and orange zest with your fingers will help to release all the essential oils for intense fragrance. This Vegan Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake is finished with a refreshing orange glaze which can be topped with a handful of cranberries or grated orange zest.
- 140g all purpose flour
- 75g granulated sugar
- 2 oranges (zest of ½ orange, juice from the rest)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ salt
- 50g frozen or fresh cranberries
- 130ml soy milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 50ml canola oil
- For the Glaze:
- ¾ cup Icing sugar
- 1 - 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Add all wet ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the sugar with the orange zest using your fingers, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cranberries and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Use the batter to fill up the greased pans (about ¾ full). Recipe yields for 2 4-inch mini bundt cake pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes; gently remove cakes from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Orange Glaze: Whisk icing sugar with orange juice in a small bowl until smooth.
- Spoon the Glaze over the cakes before serving.