These Vegan Apple Pumpkin Spice Cookies are perfectly soft and chewy with lots of apples and spices.
The apples adds texture and sweetness. To get a little bit more texture, I grated half the apple and cut the other half in small pieces. I used just enough pumpkin spice to get the pumpkin flavour, but it’s not overpowering.
The brown sugar and the apples make these cookies very soft and moist, if you rather have a little more crunch, substitute some of the brown sugar with regular white granulated sugar.
- 1 flax egg
- 60g vegan margarine
- 90g light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 small apple (1/2 grated, ½ cut into small pieces)
- 110g all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 360F (180C).
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing 1 tablespoon of flax meal with 3 tablespoons of water and let it rest for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- In a medium bowl, mix brown sugar, vegan margarine and vanilla together.
- Add the grated apple and apple pieces and the flax egg and mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin spice and cinnamon.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet distribute 1 large teaspoon of cookie dough for each cookie, about 3 cm apart. Recipe yields for 9 cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes until edges are crispy but the centres still appear little bit moist.
- Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transfer to wire rack to cool completely.