These Vegan Date Walnut Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are so easy to make and one of my favourites. This chewy vegan oatmeal cookie is loaded with raisins, dates and nuts.
You can bake these cookies in 25 minutes – while the dates & raisins are soaking in hot water, mix all the other dry ingredients, before mixing everything together. Shape 6 large or about 8 regular size cookies and bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
I used regular dates for this recipe, if you have delicious soft and sticky medjool dates at hand, there is no need to soak the dates in hot water.
- 80g oats
- 40g flour
- 20g brown sugar
- 70g dates
- 40g raisins
- 40g walnuts
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 60 ml canola oil
- 80 ml unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Preheat oven to 390F (200°).
- Soak dates and raisins in recently boiled water for about 5 - 10 minutes
- Combine all dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Drain the water and chop the dates into small pieces, add the raisins and chopped dates to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in canola oil to the soy milk and vanilla paste.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Shape 6 large cookies and put onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes.
- Let them cool down for about 15 minutes.