These moist and succulent vegan Cinnamon Zucchini Mini Cakes are a nice alternative to your regular carrot cake. The zucchinis add a lot of moisture, without making the cake taste like vegetables.
Zucchini is one of the very low calorie vegetables; provide only 17 calories per 100 g. It contains no saturated fats or cholesterol. Its peel is good source of dietary fiber that helps reduce constipation.
The soy yoghurt in this recipe also adds some moisture and acts as an egg replacer. As usual, raisins and walnuts are optional ingredients, but they add a nice texture, flavour and bite to the cake.
These vegan Cinnamon Zucchini Mini Cakes are
- Super moist
- Heavenly spiced with cinnamon & pumpkin spice
- A delicious way to serve vegetables
Instead of two mini bundt cakes, double the recipe for an 8 inch square cake, the baking time will be a little bit longer (30 – 35 mins). Don’t over bake the cake, you want a super moist cake.
- 120g all purpose flour
- 75g granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 40g raisins (optional)
- 40g walnut pieces (optional)
- 80g grated zucchini (about 1 small to medium size zucchini)
- 50g soy yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons dairy free milk (I used soy)
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- For the drizzle: (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy yoghurt
- Icing sugar (amount depends on how thin you like your drizzle)
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Oil and slightly flour two mini bundt cakes pans and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all the dry ingredients (up to the walnut pieces) and mix well. Set aside.
- Add all wet ingredients in another bowl, mix with a spoon until well combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients, mix until the flour is incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared bundt pans and bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes; gently remove cakes from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Yoghurt Drizzle: Whisk icing sugar with soy yoghurt in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle over the cakes before serving.