Surprise your guests & family with these chocolate filled vegan sweet buns. Soft, fluffy buns with a sweet secret inside – chocolate.
The dough is a basic sweet enriched dough, which by substitute the butter & milk with oil and soy milk, you will have an easy vegan dough. Like all enriched doughs, you need to give the buns enough time to proof before baking.
- ½ cup unsweetened soy milk (warm)
- 1 teaspoon fast active yeast
- 40g granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 200g all purpose flour
- 10g vanilla sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 teaspoon vegan chocolate chips
- Icing sugar for decorations
- Activate the yeast by sprinkling the yeast over the warm soy milk in a big bowl. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the flour with the vanilla sugar and salt in a separate bowl.
- Once the yeast is bubbly, add granulated sugar, oil and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Gradually add the flour to the wet ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon. Once all the flour is incorporated, place the dough on a floured surface and knead the dough with your hands for 5 - 8 minutes until soft and smooth.
- Place the dough into a oiled bowl, wrap it with plastic wrap and proof the dough for about 60 - 90 minutes. Usually enriched dough takes a little bit longer to proof.
- Punch dough down, divide into 6 equal portions.Form a dome with your hand and roll the dough until the top is round and firm. Make an indent in each ball and place 1 teaspoon of chocolate chips . Cover the chocolate with the dough and roll to seal. Place rolls a on baking sheet. Cover with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let it rise for another 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360F.
- Bake buns for 12 - 15 minutes until golden brown. Let cool down on wire rack for 10 minutes before dusting with icing sugar. Serve immediately.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I HOPE YOU LOVE IT.
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #littleswissbaker.