All you need are 6 ingredients for these delicious Chocolate Almond Christmas Cookies. They have a crunchy outside and are soft and gooey in the middle.
It is an ideal recipe for kids, they will love forming the balls and rolling them in icing sugar. It will be a little messy, but worth the time and effort. If you like a more intense almond flavour, add some drops of almond extract.
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container or cookie tin for 1 day.
- 3 large eggs
- 270 g granulated sugar
- 180 g semi-sweet chocolate
- 300 g ground almonds
- 7 - 8 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- icing sugar
- Beat the eggs and the sugar until pale and foamy (for about 5 mins).
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and let it cool down before adding to the egg mix.
- Add the ground almonds and mix well, before adding the flour.
- Form a walnut size ball and roll it in icing sugar before placing them on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Let them dry at room temperature for 3 - 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 480F (250C).
- Bake chocolate balls for 3 - 5 minutes, the cookies should crack a little bit on top.
- Let them cool down for 2 minutes on the baking tray before transfer them to the cooling rack.