Looking for a super moist and tasty muffin recipe? – Try my Vegan Banana Walnut Chocolate Chips Muffins. Moist and fluffy banana flavoured muffins, crunchy walnuts and sweet chocolate chips, pure heaven.
These muffins are great for breakfast or for a delicious afternoon treat. While most muffins are at their best straight out of the oven, the banana in the mixture make sure these muffins keep their moist texture for a while.
I used unsweetened coconut yoghurt, which adds even more moisture to the muffins, but you could also use a flax egg in this recipe.
- Recipe yields for 2 large ramekin size muffins or about 4 regular large muffins.
- Not hungry for muffins, try my vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe.
- 65g all purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 15g walnuts
- 15g vegan chocolate chips
- 1 ripe banana
- 40g granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 25g unsweetened coconut yoghurt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 380F - Prepare two ramekins (grease the bottoms and the sides with oil and slightly dust with flour).
- In a medium bowl, add flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda and mix well. Add the walnuts and chocolate chips and set aside.
- In another bowl, mash the banana with the sugar. Add the oil, yoghurt, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar and mix until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until combined (don't overmix).
- Divide the batter into the two prepared ramekins, add more walnuts and slices of banana on top of it (optional) and bake for about 25 - 30 mins.
- Cool the muffins for 5 minutes in the ramekins before flipping them out onto a cooling rack.