These baked vegan yeast doughnuts are the yeasted version of my very popular baked vegan doughnuts recipe on my blog. If you are craving a yeasted version, instead of a cake donut, you will love this recipe, plus no doughnut pan required.
This recipe needs a little bit more prep time, but these soft, light and fluffy doughnuts are worth the extra time.
Need ideas for great vegan doughnut glazes, click the image below.
- 220g all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 20ml warm water
- 4g instant yeast
- 100ml warm soy milk
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Mix the warm water with the yeast and set aside for 10 minutes
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Place the soy milk and vegan butter in a small sauce pan on medium heat until butter is melted and the milk is lukewarm. Add the vanilla paste and mix the warm milk with the yeast.
- Add the warm liquid to the flour and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Place the dough on a flat surface and knead until soft and smooth (about 6 mins)
- Then place the dough back into a clean, oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rest in a warm location for one hour.
- Gently roll the dough out into a 1 cm thick rectangle. Cut out six doughnuts. You can use a doughnut cutter or I used a coffee mug and then a shot glass to cut the inner circle.
- Place the doughnuts on a parchment paper lined baking tray, cover with a towel and let rest for another hour. I placed the shot glasses back into the doughnut holes, so that they keep the round form during the second proof.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Bake doughnuts for 10 minutes and the little small hole cutouts for 8 minutes.
- Transfer the doughnuts onto a wire rack and let cool down.
- Glaze them with one of my delicious vegan glazes.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? I HOPE YOU LOVE IT.
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #littleswissbaker.