These easy homemade baked vegan doughnuts are topped with a variety of delicious vegan glazes! Perfect for breakfast or a sweet treat.
It was my first time making and eating baked doughnuts and they are actually very tasty. The texture is similar to a fried cake doughnut, but lighter.
If you rather like a yeasted doughnut, try my new recipe for Baked Vegan Yeast Doughnuts.
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. (scant) nutmeg
- 1 dash cinnamon
- Wet Ingredients:
- ½ cup soy milk
- ½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Egg replacer for 1 egg (or 2 Tbsp. cinnamon apple sauce)
- ¼ cup vegan margarine
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients with a whisk to mix thoroughly. Combine the wet ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat and mix until the margarine is just melted. This mixture should be just slightly warm to the touch.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and mix until just combined. It should form a very soft dough.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop dough into a slightly greased nonstick doughnut pan. Smooth out the top of each dough with your fingers―this will make for more even, prettier doughnuts but isn’t crucial.
- Bake for 12 minutes. They should not be browned on top, but a toothpick will come out clean. Invert the hot pan over a cutting board or cooling rack to release the doughnuts. Allow to cool completely before decorating.
- Top with a vegan glaze - see note
- Makes 20 mini-doughnuts or 10 regular-sized doughnuts
- Check out my vegan doughnuts glazes
- Recipe from PETA
Did you make this recipe? I hope you love it.
Please let me know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #littleswissbaker.
More Baked Vegan Doughnuts
If you like lemons, try this recipe for my Lemon Baked Doughnuts.